As part of the Life Equipping Modules, please take note that the Bible Study on Ephesians will be commencing on Tuesday, March 21. The complete schedule as follows:
Date: March 21 – 22 & 28 -29 (Tue/Wed)
Time: 8.00pm – 10.00pm
Venue: Shalom Hall
Lecturer: Bro Sam Richards
About the Course
The Epistle to the Ephesians is one of the four prison epistles written by the Apostle Paul. In this epistle Paul outlines the truth of the spiritual blessings which God has given us in Christ and its application for us to walk in unity, in purity, in harmony and in victory.
Counter is open for registration after the service. Come and join us for the bible study.
Date: 12 February 2017 (Sunday)
Time: 2.30 – 6.30pm
Venue: Shekinah Hall
There will be a Seminar by Dr. Rosy Leong which deals with the issues on pornography entitled “Breaking Chain” on Sunday, 12 February (2.30 – 6.30pm, Shekinah Hall). A holder of two Doctorates in Theology and a widely sought after international speaker, this seminar is open to all those who want to help porn addict, sex addict etc. break free from bondages.
To sign-up for the seminar please register at the counter after the service.
This course will equip students with theological perspectives, homiletical principles and delivery skills for effective preaching today. The focus of preaching as the interpretation and communication of God’s Word with the help of the Holy Spirit in the church and various settings will be examined. Student will explore & evaluate various approaches, audience, types of sermon structures, helps and learn to use them in the practise of preaching. Actual in-class preaching (preaching lab) is an essential part of the course.
II. COURSE OBJECTIVES OR STUDENT OUTCOMES
1. To introduce the student to the theological perspectives (nature and importance) of preaching in fulfilment of God’s purpose today.
2. To encourage the student to be the best preacher possible, always dependent on the Holy Spirit as the source and power for anointed preaching.
3. To provide practical guidance in sermon preparation, giving the student a working knowledge of homiletical principles which can be put to immediate use.
4. To assist the student in developing an effective preaching style that is relevant as well as to form habits of study, prayer and devotional life for enhancement of preaching ministry.
5. To survey the various types of sermon and grasp the basic constituents of a sermon.
6. To help the student to be a Bible-centred preacher, demonstrating proper exegetical and expository treatment of the Word of God
7. To work on delivery skills and practical application of biblical text in the proclamation.
New Course – AOIC 1st Trimester: Principles of Preaching / Homiletics Date: Feb 13 – 24 (Mon – Fri) Block Classes
Time: 7.30pm – 10.30pm
Lecturer: Ps Daniel Singh Please note that AOIC 1st Trimester will commence with a new course, “The Principles of Preaching / Homiletics”. The block classes will be held from Feb 13 – 24 (7.30 – 10.30pm, KAOG@Metro).
Course Description: This course will equip students with theological perspectives, homiletical principles and delivery skills for effective preaching today. The focus of preaching as the interpretation and communication of God’s Word with the help of the Holy Spirit in the church and various settings will be examined.
To encourage more to sign–up, we are offering a Special Scholarship Fees for KAOG Members & Regulars where by the regular Undergraduate Course Fee is reduced from RM270 to only RM100. To enroll for this course please get the Application Form from the counter and submit in with payment latest by Sunday, 5th February.