Who is Jesus? When God made the world, He made it perfect. You and I could have been living in blissful harmony in His presence. But because of sin (ie. a person rebelling against God), we are separated from Him. No amount of good works and religious piety can overcome this separation. God had to intervene by offering us His only Son, Jesus, to pay the price on our behalf. Jesus Christ is everything that you will ever need.
* your friend when you are lonely.
* your strength when you are weak.
* your physician when you are sick.
* your provider when you have needs.
* your breath of life when you are weary.
He is all these and much more!
The Bible tells us, “For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life” (John 3:16 – NIV). Imagine the love Jesus has for you when He left his position in heaven to take the punishment meant for you and I.
You can be saved from the penalty of sin. Just understand what Jesus has done for us at the Cross and you will be truly amazed at how much you are loved.
What did Jesus do for you at the Cross?
At the cross:
* Jesus was punished for your sins so that you might be forgiven and freed from your bondages.
* Jesus was wounded so that you might be healed.
* Jesus took our sinful nature so that you can put on His righteousness.
* Jesus died on your behalf so that you may receive His life.
* Jesus shared your poverty so that you may share in His abundance.
* Jesus bore your shame so that you may share in His glory.
* Jesus endured your rejection so that you may be reconciled with God the Father.
* Jesus was made a curse so that you may enter into the richness of all His blessings
Quotations from the Bible
Romans 6.23 – “For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.”
2 Corinthians 5.21 – “God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.”
Romans 5.8 – “But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.”
Romans 5.9-10 – “Since we have now been justified by his blood, how much more shall we be saved from God’s wrath through him! For if, when we were God’s enemies, we were reconciled to him through the death of his Son, how much more, having been reconciled, shall we be saved through his life!”
John 3.16 – “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.”
Ephesians 2.8-9 – “For it is by God’s grace you have been saved, through faith – and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God – not by works, so that no one can boast.”
Ephesians 2.10 – “For we are God’s workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.”
Romans 8.9 – “And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Christ.”
1 Corinthians 6.19-20 – “Do you know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body.”
Where do you go from here?
If you want to accept Jesus as your Savior, look at ‘How to Follow Christ’.
If you would like to get in touch with some Christians please contact us.
Come join one of our services or carecells to learn more about your new life as a Christian.